cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I clear notifications

How can I clear notifications

NG3
New member | Level 2

i need to know how to clear the notification panel. i got sum notification which i need to clear from panel. pls help

65 Replies 65

tglittrell
Explorer | Level 4

Same issue, very annoying.

amiryosef
Explorer | Level 4

There are no three dots showing up on the notification. see screenshot.

Can you please help me.s.jpgs.jpg.

Rick_M
Experienced | Level 13

Changes were made that dropped the dots.  We have to keep lobbying for a feature that would be no notices older than  x months, or somesuch.

amiryosef
Explorer | Level 4

you rick for you reply. that was helpful.

In the interim what can I do to remove those notifications?

Rick_M
Experienced | Level 13

All you can do 😞  is to create more new notifications until the old ones pop off the bottom of the screen. I suspect they cannot be removed, so I just ask for a feature that would hide old ones.

louisianagrey
Explorer | Level 3

Yup, mine looks like that too. Today I got a "notification" from Dropbox to join a team - except that they're all people I've never heard of, and I can't get rid of the notification. I used to be an analyst/programmer so I can say with some confidence that this is lousy programming.

banksiaboy
Helpful | Level 5

This is ridiculous. I know of no other system that does not let you clear notifications.  Some of mine have no menu [...], and if they do, there is no remove. I have ones from Dropbox that are three years old. I'm running Windows 10 Pro. 

You should be able hide acknowledged notifications, search and select notifications, delete or acknowlege selected notifications.Annotation 2019-09-05 095622.png

dvmierlo
Helpful | Level 6

In Dropbox version 81.3.190 still no sign for clearing notifications.

Can anyone at Dropbox please explain why a simple funtionality as clearing notifications is not implemented yet???

Rich
Super User II

@dvmierlo wrote:

Can anyone at Dropbox please explain why a simple funtionality as clearing notifications is not implemented yet???

Dropbox doesn't comment on what features may be planned, or their ETA.

dvmierlo
Helpful | Level 6

Hi @Rich,

Thanks for your reply. Honestly I hoped that it was a more customer oriented one. My question is why, and as you can read in this thread I'm not the only one, this simple functionality is not implemented?

I believe that Dropbox does not want to frustrate their paying users (I am one of them) by not implementing a simple function as this.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Dorian137 New member | Level 2
    Pauline M.1 New member | Level 2
    josuekaplan New member | Level 2
    Rick_M Experienced | Level 13
    twindux Helpful | Level 6
What do Dropbox user levels mean?