cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I disable the notifications on my desktop app?

How can I disable the notifications on my desktop app?

orionrobert
New member | Level 2

This doesn't work. When you right click the box in the notification list, it immediately takes you to the website. The dropbox team has done something to override the windows standard popup that comes up for other notifications.

1 Reply 1

Re: How to disable Dropbox almost full notification?

Lusil
Dropboxer
Hi there @orionrobert, I’ve moved your post from here so as to look into this matter a bit more in-depth.

Initially, it sounds like you may be clicking on a shortcut. Could you please clarify if the desktop app is running by locating the Dropbox icon that should be located next to your computer’s clock?

If you see it, could you please try disabling the relevant notifications on the desktop app by following the steps below:
  1. Click on the small Dropbox icon in your system tray.
  2. Select on the gray colored gear icon.
  3. From the drop-down menu, click on "Preferences..." 
  4. Go to the Notifications tab.
  5. Toggle the boxes of the notifications you'd like to disable.
Additionally, if you have a Windows 10 computer, you can also check this link to obtain more info to enable or disable notifications, since these can also be managed directly by the OS. 

Let me know how it goes!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lusil Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?