cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Delete Everywhere pop up

Turning off "delete everywhere" function

christen1
New member | Level 2

How do I turn off the "delete everywhere" function when deleting a file? I don't want my files to be deleted everywhere, just from a certain folder.

Re: Turning off "delete everywhere" function

Rich
Super User II

@christen1 wrote:

I don't want my files to be deleted everywhere, just from a certain folder.

That's not what it means. It's referring to all linked devices. If you delete a file from a folder, that file will be removed from that folder on all devices (i.e. everywhere) that are linked to your account. It's not going to delete the file from any other folders elsewhere on your computer.

hltipton
New member | Level 2

I have been a dropbox pro user for years and this is new-Like the other messages I often download a document to my desktop to temporarily use but save back to dropbox--I need to be able to delete the extra copy off my desktop without deleting it for dropbox. How can this update be changed--because it is new (only a few months) and changed how deleting works and it is a pain in the bottom. PLEASE HELP

Steve & Susie G
New member | Level 2

Your answer was a bit glib.  The question was how to stop that irritating pop up.  I don't work with teams so the only other devices are mine.  I use Dropbox so the file set is the same on every device.

Poll
Which Dropbox integrations are you using while working from home?
Need more support?