cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know more about how Community ideas impact Dropbox development? Check it out here

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I disconnect Dropbox Passwords?

How can I disconnect Dropbox Passwords?

gerrazu
New member | Level 2

Hi, I installed dropbox passwords, but when I tried to login, it says that it still does not work with business accounts. The problem is that each time I turn on my computer it appears a dropbox password screen asking me to login. I have searched how to uninstall dropbox passwords only, but I haven´t been able to find nothing about it. Any body knows how to avoid this screen appearing each time I turn my computer on? Thanks a lot!!!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Dropbox passwords

Lusil
Dropboxer

Hello there @gerrazu, thanks for reaching out to us. 

Could you check your Connects apps to see if you're able to disconnect it from there? 

Let us know what you find, cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

Lusil
Dropboxer

Hello there @gerrazu, thanks for reaching out to us. 

Could you check your Connects apps to see if you're able to disconnect it from there? 

Let us know what you find, cheers!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

gerrazu
New member | Level 2

Hi, I checked and there was no connectors. So I identified the program that was in process. Then I checked it in the startup programs and inabled it. This way I could solve it, but it was very annoying to have it every day asking you to install it, eventhought this was not possible. I think the Dropbox team has a task to do there!!!

Thanks a lot!!!

Gerrazu

drposey
New member | Level 2

I am having the same issue. I downloaded the Dropbox Passwords App to try it out. However, I do not find it to be useful, and I would like to uninstall so that it doesn't keep appearing each time I log in to my computer. Unfortunately, when I looked on the Dropbox site to find out how to do this (https://help.dropbox.com/installs-integrations/desktop/download-dropbox-passwords), it indicates that the only way to delete Dropbox Passwords is to delete your Dropbox account (see below). This seems pretty unacceptable to me. I would appreciate it if Dropbox would find a workaround and at least indicate this risk when users go to install it.

Delete Dropbox Passwords

To delete your Dropbox Passwords account, you have to delete your Dropbox account because the two accounts are linked. Instead, you can remove all of the account information you have saved to Dropbox Passwords (including usernames, pass...

Jay
Dropboxer

Hi @drposey, could you try the following steps to uninstall the Dropbox Passwords app?

1. Open the Windows Start menu, type "Settings", and select the Settings app.
  2. Click on "Apps".
  3. Scroll down the list to find "Dropbox Passwords", and click on it. 
  4. Click on the "Uninstall" button. 

Let me know how it goes!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

drposey
New member | Level 2

Worked like a charm! Thanks!

Jay
Dropboxer

Glad to hear it, @drposey, if you need any further assistance, please let me know.

Enjoy your week!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

sdelarey
New member | Level 2

Afternoon,

Can you please advise how to delete the Dropbox Passwords App from a MacBook?

Thanks

Simon

Walter
Dropboxer
Hey there @sdelarey; thanks for joining the discussion!

Here are the steps to uninstall the Passwords app from your Mac: 

1. Open the Applications folder in Finder.
2. Drag the Dropbox Passwords app file from Applications to the Trash.

Let us know if you have any follow up questions, Simon!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

John C.179
New member | Level 2

Running on Mac, I dragged app to trash as advised but now I still can't get rid of the drop box icons every time I am prompted for a login.

I love drop box and I am a long time paid user - but this password app is like a virus. You hassled me until I tried it - which frankly was not worth the effort - it doesn't measure up to the competition - like LastPass - and it is extremely irritating that you have not put in place a proper uninstall. I will definitely think twice from now on before trying out anything else that Dropbox asks me to try. If you haven't got a good uninstall I am not interested. 

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

dlh2109 Helpful | Level 6
    Wendifer New member | Level 2
    Walter Dropboxer
    asduffy33 New member | Level 2
    John C.179 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?