cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I enroll my team's members in using the new desktop app?

How can I enroll my team's members in using the new desktop app?

Eranco
Explorer | Level 3

Hi,

We have a standard professional plan. I have upgraded to the new app a few months ago. Now I would like our other users to upgrade as well. Even though they all have the latest app version, it is still the old app. Where is the problem?

Thanks,

Eran

3 Replies 3

Re: The new dropbox app

Walter
Dropboxer

Hello Eran; welcome to our Community and thanks for using our new desktop app!

I guess that when you got prompted to try our new desktop application, you didn't enroll your whole team (assuming you're an admin of the team that is) but only yourself. Am I on the right track here?

If that's the case, could you check your 'Early Access' tab, within your Admin Console and let me know if you see an option to enroll your team into this feature?

If you could also check if they're getting an option to start using the new desktop app within their desktop app's preferences, that'd be amazing!

Thanks in advance!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Eranco
Explorer | Level 3

Hello Walter,

You are correct. I enrolled only myself.

I dont see an option to enroll my team into this feature. and they dont have the option of open folder in: dropbox desktop app, even tough the are using the up to date app version.

Please advise, thanks.

Eran

Walter
Dropboxer

Thanks for the clarification Eran - it's most appreciated.

As this pertains to account specific information, would it be OK if I reached out via your Dropbox associated email address so we can have a further look into this?

Also, do your team's members get an option to use the new desktop app in the 'General' tab of the desktop's preferences by any chance? 

Thanks for your patience and cooperation in advance @Eranco!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?