cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Remove Recents

How can I get the old file view back?

Rob W.16
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hi, 

How do I remove 'Recents' as I login now and I can't get to see my files and folders...I can't even get using the menu on the left hand side!! 

If this is a 'fancy new development' then the cheif development manager at Dropox need to loose his job!!! 

Total nightmare!! 

36 Replies 36

William P.31
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

The default to Recent items rather than files is terribly annoying.  I hope Dropbox decides to fix this.  If anyone learns of a better work around, please share!

Rick_M
Experienced | Level 13
Go to solution

William P., change your bookmark to   https://www.dropbox.com/home 

and the problem is gone.

William P.31
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Thanks Rick P. !!!

Tinh T.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

You try to change your language to United Kingdom! This is my way to remove "Recents"

Boo T.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Yes please Dropbox.  i don't want to look at recents as a default.    I KNOW what i just did...  I want to see my folders.

Thomas A.23
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Ditto, having recents as default when you login is pointless to me. Give me files as default or an option to set it as default in my account.

John M.139
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Add me to the list of people who would prefer Dropbox remember my view or have a setting so I don't have to see Recents when I log in...

Rob W.16
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Have to agree a completely daft idea from Dropbox, obviously they have employed a new manager guru or somebody similar and he/she needs to justify their salary!!!!!!

Obviously somebody who has only ever updated 1 file per day!!!

Unlike me if I back up a website or more per day I have 10's of thousands of files updating!!!

Spencer W.3
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I was getting ready to make a post about this until I saw the link to this post.  I also do not like the first instance of dropbox to be recent.  Usually the most recent files for my dropbox are the camera uploads and some pictures are NSF.  The reason its a problem because if I leave my flash drive at home and need to download a ppt for a presentation at school, I log into dropbox and download.  Imagine being in class and the entire class can see the computer display on the board.  You log into dropbox to download file and bam NSF photo.

Chris A.37
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Yes, agree Spencer! The main issue is one of personal privacy. If I go to work and open Dropbox on a company computer the Recents window will show images which trust me, no one at work wants to see! This HAS TO STOP!! 

Need more support?