cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I get the old file view back?

How can I get the old file view back?

Rob W.16
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hi, 

How do I remove 'Recents' as I login now and I can't get to see my files and folders...I can't even get using the menu on the left hand side!! 

If this is a 'fancy new development' then the cheif development manager at Dropox need to loose his job!!! 

Total nightmare!! 

36 Replies 36

Alan L.9
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Displaying this information on the mobile app as a default is a serious information disclosure risk. If I'm going in to show a client something, that last thing I want as a default display is a bunch of thumbnails of images I'm working on for other clients! What the hell were you thinking? There should be a way to completely disable this feature. It simply makes Dropbox unsuitable for business use.

I'm now looking for alternative solutions.

Chris A.37
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Oh wow! You're right Alan, 

In the last 24hours they have decided to introduce this on the Android app too. How terrible!!!! I have commented on this and emailed Dropbox directly to ask for a reason and had lame excuse. I'm about ready to drop Dropbox for this rubbish, total tosspot feature! What a bunch of funks! Listening to none of us!! Fed up!!! 

Chris A.37
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Would be so simple to have the option to choose NOT to land on Recent, but no, someone with half a brian in the head office thinks this is a grand improvement and is probably receiving a massive bonus for doing so. Well go loose your job man! If that's your best effort, then may I suggest stacking shelves or taking a hike to a third world country to see how the real world makes an effort each day? 

Travis G.2
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I just encountered Recents as the default tab on the Android app. After trying and failing to change the default to the folder view, I'm switching everything over to Google Drive.

This is harebrained functionality that makes Dropbox wholly unsuitable for use in a professional setting. Not only can I not store any personal items in the same Dropbox account that I use for business use, I also can't use the same Dropbox account for more than one client for anything on the fly or unplanned.

Really clever decision. Good luck.

Alison M.1
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Ditto what the others are saying. No way no how do I want clients seeing what I'm working on for other clients or personal pics that maybe sync'd off my phone or tablet. Oh right - what's up with that not working right? 

I can no longer trust using it for business, either in person or via screen sharing. 

Corey A.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I completely agree that this feature is very annoying. I am an Android user and as Chris said, it is now in the Android app. Dropbox do not obviously read their forums as the complaint has been ongoing for months and they still rolled it out.

I have noticed a number of respondents are only talking about the browser and not helping at all with the mobile app. There are no bookmarks to modify. Yes you can click the lines to go to Files but it is so annoying.

I wish they would add the option to view options at least or even better just remove it.

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

Everyone,

This thread is referring to the Recents page on the Dropbox website; not the mobile clients. As Ed has stated in his reply, you can now disable Recents on the website, so this thread will be closed.

For further discussion about Recents on the mobile clients, please refer to the following thread:

Thank you!

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community here.]

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    Corey A. New member | Level 1
    Alison M.1 New member | Level 1
    Travis G.2 New member | Level 1
    Chris A.37 New member | Level 1
What do Dropbox user levels mean?