cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How to logout!?

How can I logout of the desktop app?

Anna W.1
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I have a question!
So I got dropbox on my computer, after it asked me to login. Now the dropbox shows on my mac, when I open finder on the left side there is a folder that says dropbox and when I click on it shows all my dropbox documents. How do I logout? I like the idea of the dropbox folder there but I and not sure how to log out so when I am done with the documents I can log out and if someone also uses the computer they don't see?

I hope someone can help me out!

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

You don't log out. You can unlink your computer from Dropbox but this will stop all synchronization (though it will not prevent access to the files you have saved locally). Instead, you should be securing your computer user account. Create multiple accounts on your computer and secure yours with a password so that only you have access to the account and the files it contains.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

You don't log out. You can unlink your computer from Dropbox but this will stop all synchronization (though it will not prevent access to the files you have saved locally). Instead, you should be securing your computer user account. Create multiple accounts on your computer and secure yours with a password so that only you have access to the account and the files it contains.

Anna W.1
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Hi Rich,

Thanks for your help!

Virginia e.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Rich, Can you explain how to unlink my computer from Dropbox? I am having the same problem as Anna, but I need to log out of one account so I can link a different drop box account to my mac. Thanks.

Virginia e.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Perfect!! Thank you so very much!

[This thread is now closed. If you have a similar or new question, you can ask here.]

Need more support?