cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I preview PDF files directly instead of downloading them?

How can I preview PDF files directly instead of downloading them?

leslieann
New member | Level 2

I asked this yesterday and i am still stuck. I will try to keep this simple. I made an Ebook  in canva. It saves as a PDF. I upload to drop box , it shows as a PDF (the adobe symbol my pagemy pagesarah page - correctsarah page - correctis on the left of the title) , next i upload to my landing page. Now here is the issue... Once the person fills in their name & email, they receive an email which has mybook. once they click the button that says download guide here, it says do you want to down load (when looking on your phome) it then downloads and goes to my abobe files. I already have it on my phone. and when they go through the same steps within their email , the book downloads and they have to click on the download button. what my big issue is i need the book to pop up right after the person clicks the button. My teammate went through the same steps for her ebook and hers pops up right off the bat. HELP

1 Reply 1

Re: pdf file

Jay
Dropboxer

Hi @leslieann, thanks for posting in the Community!

Just to clarify something, do you want them to first download and then view the file, or do you just want them to preview it in the browser automatically?

If the latter, you can try changing the shared link to have raw=1 at the end to preview it directly.

If I’m misunderstanding something, please let me know more details!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?