cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Get summer ready with Dropbox basic - travel documents, plans, progress reminders and more, right over here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I remove the green tick sync icons?

How can I remove the green tick sync icons?

Rachel E.
New member | Level 1

How do I get rid of the annoying green ticks (file synced icons) in the latest dropbox version

7 Replies 7

Re: green ticks

Cristian M.
Explorer | Level 3

I would also like to know this, in hopes of avoiding this:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/na9xwroku5a98qb/Screenshot%202014-12-19%2009.18.57.png?dl=0

Changing the icns files in the resource folder with blanks would be an option but I assume they will get replaced when updating.

Tom_H
Super User alumni

What OS type ?

Cristian M.
Explorer | Level 3

That screenshot is from OSX 10.10 running the latest stable version of dropbox.

Rachel E.
New member | Level 1

OS X 10.9.5

Thomas C.42
New member | Level 1

Does any one know how to get rid of those unnecessary green ticks on the overlay of each dropbox folder. I managed to work out how to get rid of the shared icons on the folders, but the ticks are proving a little more difficult. Talk about making simple things - complicated. Come on dropbox get this sorted out. 

Koolvis.studio
New member | Level 2

It is quite frustrating Dropbox makes me mess around woth the icns every update. The green ones have moved, but still no option to switch them off. They are really superfluous to some of us.  

MarcK
New member | Level 2

The Green ticks thing is really annoying I mostly use dropbox as an interface between phone and computer. If I load photos to my computer with Dropbox then even when

transfered into my photo's file they still have the annoying green ticks on them.

Please Dropbox do something to rid us of this menace!

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community here.]

Poll
Which Dropbox Plan do you have?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Koolvis.studio New member | Level 2
    Thomas C.42 New member | Level 1
    Rachel E. New member | Level 1
    Cristian M. Explorer | Level 3
    Tom_H Super User alumni
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?