cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I set Dropbox as my default save location for safari downloads in iOS 13?

How can I set Dropbox as my default save location for safari downloads in iOS 13?

New member | Level 2

Now that iOS safari can do downloads, I would like to set dropbox as my default download location so that anything I do download on my phone can be accessed on my computer. When I go to Safari settings and download, I tried to select a Dropbox, but it is grayed out. Dropbox is correctly linked to the files app on my iPhone. I contacted Apple support, and so far as they could tell, everything was normal and correctly configured. So, if you could please explain what I am missing that is preventing me from setting dropbox as my default download location, I would really appreciate it. Thank you!

3 Replies 3

Re: How can I set Dropbox as my default save location for safari downloads in iOS 13?

Dropboxer

Hey there @Mitmee_Pie, thanks for checking in with us!

If the Dropbox icon in the Files app is greyed out when you try selecting it, it most probably means that this option has been disabled by iOS. 

As the Files app is developed by Apple, I'd recommend contacting them to ask if there's a way to directly download files from Safari to a third party cloud provider, ie. Dropbox, via the Files app. 

Keep me posted!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: How can I set Dropbox as my default save location for safari downloads in iOS 13?

New member | Level 2

Thank you very much for your response. Dropbox shows up fine in the files app. No issues there at all. What I'm talking about is under Safari settings. Under the Safari general settings, there's a download button where you can set the location of downloads. Dropbox is greyed out, even though I set it up in the files app and even added a dedicated downloads folder. When I called Apple, they checked all my settings, and said that it *should* work, and to contact Dropbox support, which is what I'm doing now. I hope that I did a better job of clarifying the issue this time, and look forward to any advice you may have. Thank you!

Super User II

I think you need to go back to Apple on this one. All other storage services are greyed out; not just Dropbox. Only iCloud is active (ShellFish in the screenshot is an SFTP server, not a storage service).

248eec4bd44e5002c531138febbda84f.png

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?