cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I stop "turn on accessibility" from appearing?

How can I stop "turn on accessibility" from appearing?

KBE
Explorer | Level 4

I cannot get the box "turn on accessibility" off my screen. I used to check "not now" routinely but now it will not accept no. The "community forum" has not addressed this exact issue. I recently upgraded my MAC OS to Big Sur 11.2.1 

FYI, I did consider turning on accessibility but I am uncomfortable with the privacy disclosure and would just rather not turn it on.  Do I not have a choice because the badge has been up on my screen for years and I will have to delete it if I do not upgrade?

5 Replies 5

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Hi @KBE, I hope you're having a good day!

Have you tried clicking the "Don’t show this to me again" option before clicking "Not now", to prevent the pop-up from appearing again?

You will have the option to change this setting any anytime through your computer's settings with these steps afterwards, should you want to.

Let me know if that helps!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

KBE
Explorer | Level 4

thanks for responding.  Yes, I did.  The window is stuck on my screen and will not leave. I've had to move it around my screen for days to get it out of my way.  I am pretty sure I have restarted my computer to no avail. If I hit "learn more" it does open a new webpage.  And if I hit "turn on accessibility" it does take me to my settings.  But it will not close, it will not accept "not now."  It will let me check the box "don't show this to me again" but it doesn't close as I already said.   I have tried to state this as clearly as possible.

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
I see, thanks for clarifying @KBE.

Could you try doing a basic reinstall of the app to see if that does the trick? You can check out the steps for uninstalling here if you're not familiar.

Please bear in mind the 3 device limit if you're using a Basic free account, so if you have more than 3 devices currently connected to your account, let me know instead of reinstalling.

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

KBE
Explorer | Level 4

Thank you Daphne.  I've dragged the Dropbox app to the trash.  Do I need to do the same with the folder?  Also, will this not work until I empty the trash?  Just double checking before I eliminate everything.   Also, I am. pretty sure I only have Dropbox on my phone and desktop.

KBE

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
You don't need to remove the Dropbox folder too, just the app @KBE.

You should be fine to go ahead with installing the app again now.

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Daphne Dropbox Staff
    KBE Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?