cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I stop saving screenshots on my Mac in Dropbox?

How can I stop saving screenshots on my Mac in Dropbox?

meaghanncobb
New member | Level 2

I somehow enabled my screenshots to be saved to dropbox. It's really annoying and there doesn't seem to be an easy fix. I've seen things that talk about a "system tray" or changing it in system prefrences on my MAC, but none of the instructions seem to match what I'm seeing (or not seeing) on my end. Please help!!!!

1 Reply 1

Re: How can I stop saving screenshots on my Mac in Dropbox?

Daphne
Dropboxer

Hello @meaghanncobb, I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with this!

You will need to access the desktop app preferences rather than your system preferences to disable screenshots being saved into Dropbox.

From your menu bar, you should see the Dropbox icon if the app is running on your computer. It will look something like this:

Dropbox icon in the menu barDropbox icon in the menu bar

Once you click on this icon, you'll need to click the profile pic/initials icon in the top right of the small window and choose "Preferences..." from the menu.

From there, go to the "Import" tab and check the option to save your screenshots in Dropbox. You may get a prompt to allow Dropbox access files in your desktop folder, which you'll need to allow too.

Let me know if this helps!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?