cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I switch off the checkmark icon?

How can I switch off the checkmark icon?

David G.133
New member | Level 2

HOW DO YOU TURN OFF THE ICON CHECKMARK

25 Replies 25

linukas
New member | Level 2

@Lusil wrote:
Hey @DaveMcA, thanks for sharing this thought with us, I’d be more than happy to pass your comments along to the dev team for future review. :slight_smile:

If you have any other comments you’d like me to forward, please don’t hesitate to get back to us and, in the meantime, have a wonderful day ahead!

Maybe it is possible to add setting that it would be possible to adjust that icon size, so you can minimize it to not cover main file icon...

rmajoran
New member | Level 2

I would agree. The size of the green checkbox is MASSIVE. Dial it down about 75%.

PeterSouthon
New member | Level 2

Likewise for me - its almost impossible to distinguish a Word document from Excel in MS Explorer - which is where I find my files. Please reduce the size of the overlay, and/or move it to the bottom-right corner or something like that.

IdeaSandbox
Helpful | Level 5

+1 for the ability to have a preference to turn off the check icons

+1 for the ability to scale the check icons

+1 for the idea of ONLY having icons for files that are NOT synced.

I use icon preview to find artwork and files, the checkmarks do block the preview. I send screenshots of folders of items and have to quit Dropbox each time I do to hide the check icons.

Please do pass this along to the development team.

bondzinho
Helpful | Level 5

I signed in but I could not upvote these comments. I agree, those green checks are massive and distracting. Make them 80% smaller please.

I also agree with all of this here

-----

I use icon preview to find artwork and files, the checkmarks do block the preview. I send screenshots of folders of items and have to quit Dropbox each time I do to hide the check icons.

Please do pass this along to the development team.

bondzinho
Helpful | Level 5

These green check marks are absurdly intrusive. Please consider some other way to show that a file is synched. 

Screen Shot 2019-10-01 at 9.52.11 AM.jpg

k3v1n
New member | Level 2

If you just want to turn off the large annoying green ticks at specific times (which is what I wanted to do, as I like to take screen shots of a folder full of images when I'm sending instructions to suppliers, and the ticks get in the way) just click the drop box icon down in the taskbar, click your profile icon, and click "pause synching" - the annoying green ticks are removed, until you turn syncing back on.

bounette
Helpful | Level 6

Couldnt agree more ! 

Please pass along to the development team.

My work involves handling image files everyday and the check marks are so intrusive.

Before Smart Sync it was possible to dissable the icons, but not anymore. 

Please :

Meryemmaya
Explorer | Level 4

@David G.133 wrote:

HOW DO YOU TURN OFF THE ICON CHECKMARK

YYZ
New member | Level 2
I had a working work-around for this issue by making a so-called junction point to the dropbox folder. This is a link to a folder that looks and feels like the folder itself. This served two things: 1) The junction point folder link provides a shorter dropbox folder name (D:\MyFolder instead of e.g. C:\Users\YYZ\Dropbox\MyFolder) 2) NO dropbox sync overlays over the file/folder-icons. HOWEVER SINCE THE LAST DROPBOX UPDATE THE ICON OVERLAY NOW ALSO APPEARS IN THE JUNCTION LINK OF THE FOLDER! So instead of doing something about this issue, they are making it even worse.
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

JB35 New member | Level 2
    mh54 New member | Level 2
    Oiii New member | Level 2
    JerSpi New member | Level 2
    bounette Helpful | Level 6
What do Dropbox user levels mean?