cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I unsync Drop Box to my Mac when I can't sign with my email?

How can I unsync Drop Box to my Mac when I can't sign with my email?

Nicksta22
New member | Level 2

The Drop Box storage took up a lot of hard drive space on my Mac and Isn't allowing me to use Illustrator, Microsoft Teams, or the Mail program. I can't sign into my Drop Box because it sends a 6 digit code to my work email which doesn't work so I can't input the code.

What can I do to make my programs work and unsync Drop Box so all the files won't be on my hard drive?

Thank you.

1 Reply 1

Re: How can I unsync Drop Box to my Mac when I can't sign with my email?

Mark
Super User II

Either just close Dropbox on your machine and remove the files/folders you do not want or uninstall it

NOTE: *make sure* you have EVERYTHING you need first on your device. Without access to that email you cannot get back in to that account!

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?