cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I visualize which files are LOCAL in desktop-app simultaneously VERSUS folder by folder?

How can I visualize which files are LOCAL in desktop-app simultaneously VERSUS folder by folder?

gabybruna
New member | Level 2

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: How can I visualize which files are LOCAL in desktop-app simultaneously VERSUS folder by folder?

Daphne
Dropboxer
Hey there @gabybruna,

If I understand correctly, you are looking for a way to see all your locally synced files in one place, is that correct?

Currently this isn’t a feature we offer, to be able to search or display only locally synced files. However, should your folder have only locally synced files, the folder will show the green circle with a white tick icon. If there is a mix of local and online only files, the folder will show a white circle with a green tick (icons shown below respectively, also see this article here for more info). 

LocalLocalMixed stateMixed state

Hope this helps, let me know if I've misunderstood at all - Cheers!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Re: How can I visualize which files are LOCAL in desktop-app simultaneously VERSUS folder by folder?

Daphne
Dropboxer
Hey there @gabybruna,

If I understand correctly, you are looking for a way to see all your locally synced files in one place, is that correct?

Currently this isn’t a feature we offer, to be able to search or display only locally synced files. However, should your folder have only locally synced files, the folder will show the green circle with a white tick icon. If there is a mix of local and online only files, the folder will show a white circle with a green tick (icons shown below respectively, also see this article here for more info). 

LocalLocalMixed stateMixed state

Hope this helps, let me know if I've misunderstood at all - Cheers!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Poll
How do you get refocussed while working from home? Do you find any of these options keep you from getting distracted?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?