cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can we both use Dropbox accounts on our Windows computer?

How can we both use Dropbox accounts on our Windows computer?

e_canuck
Explorer | Level 3

I have an old Dropbox account I've never used (whose password I've just reset.) My husband and I both use his Dropbox account on our Windows computer. Our Dropbox app on Win 7 is up-to-date. Is there a way for us to both use our two separate Dropbox accounts on our single household computer? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: How can we both use Dropbox accounts on our Windows computer?

Lusil
Dropboxer
Hi there @e_canuck

If you're both on an individual plan (Basic, Plus, or Professional), you can set up a different use login on your computer, one for each Dropbox account. While this technically means you can have several Dropbox folders on the same computer, you'll have to switch between each user account to take advantage of Dropbox's syncing features. 

I hope this helped to some extent!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Re: How can we both use Dropbox accounts on our Windows computer?

Lusil
Dropboxer
Hi there @e_canuck

If you're both on an individual plan (Basic, Plus, or Professional), you can set up a different use login on your computer, one for each Dropbox account. While this technically means you can have several Dropbox folders on the same computer, you'll have to switch between each user account to take advantage of Dropbox's syncing features. 

I hope this helped to some extent!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lusil Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?