cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How delete Drobox in Roaming Profile session (Terminal Server)

How delete Drobox in Roaming Profile session (Terminal Server)

PascalLEP
New member | Level 2

I would like to clean "Dropbox" appdata folfer for somes users on my terminal server.  Each time i delete de folder it's come back?  I have uninstall the application but the folder .."
AppData\Roaming\Dropbox"  allways back!!

What can i do for remove permenently the folder?

1 Reply 1

Re: How delete Drobox in Roaming Profile session (Terminal Server)

Walter
Dropboxer

Hi @PascalLEP; welcome to our Community!

If you have the desktop app installed on any of your roaming profiles, this is normal behavior as it would require you to completely uninstall the desktop application from all profiles.

I'm not sure if this helps, but you can try stopping the %APPDATA% folder from roaming by following these steps:

Additionally, you should be able to resolve this by setting Windows to ignore the AppData\Roaming\Dropbox location and preventing it from roaming.

While at it, you can also take a look at our dedicated Help Center article for running the desktop app on servers.

I hope this helps and if I'm misunderstanding something, please let me know Pascal. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?