cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I disable the “You are running out of disk space” notification?

How do I disable the “You are running out of disk space” notification?

Murdock2
New member | Level 2

Straight forward question. I want to disable the “You are running out of disk space” notification. I have all notifications turned off in Dropbox, yet I'm still seeing this. I do not want to see this notification, is it possible to turn it off? I do NOT want to hide the icon in the the system icon tray as I like to always see what is running, but I don't need to see this notification ever.

Info: Standard Dropbox account, running in Windows 7.

Please note that this question is about disabling the notification and nothing else.

3 Replies 3

Re: How do I disable the “You are running out of disk space” notification?

Rich
Super User II

@Murdock2 wrote:

Straight forward question. I want to disable the “You are running out of disk space” notification. ... I do not want to see this notification, is it possible to turn it off?

No.

Murdock2
New member | Level 2

That's unfortunate, thank you!

ailsa99
Helpful | Level 6

Just use the Selective Sync in Dropbox Preferences. Check the folders you want to show in your computer, and uncheck the folders you want to remove from the computer hard drive(these folders will not occupy the storage space on your hard drive), then the "You are running out of disk space" warning will be gone.

Good Luck.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?