cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Find out how Tiffany, a Customer Experience superstar uses Dropbox to keep her family in the loop when it comes to her new baby here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How do I edit the email addresses that pop up automatically when I begin to enter them to invite people to view?

How do I edit the email addresses that pop up automatically when I begin to enter them to invite people to view?

Shirley N.1
New member | Level 1

7 Replies 7

Re: How do I edit the email addresses that pop up automatically when I begin to enter them to invite people to view?

Tom H.
Super User

AFAIK you cannot edit those addresses. 

Trinity C.1
Collaborator | Level 9

Unfortunately you can only add new addresses, AFIK.

Joan P.
Explorer | Level 4

What about editing?  I have a corporate client with a corporate email address which is now being used by a different (new) employee -- yet the email still lists the former employee's name and is really irritating my client when he keeps getting emails/files addressed to the last guy who held his job.  I can't believe I am paying to use something that cannot do something as simple as delete or edit a contact email!

Winning Post P.
New member | Level 1

There really needs to be a feature to edit / remove stored email addresses. A good example being I have stored email addresses in my Dropbox account of people who now work for their business competitors - this means I have to be very careful not to send a potentially sensitive file to the previous company!

Rich
Super User II

You can remove addresses.

Winning Post P.
New member | Level 1

I did that but there are still old email addresses which come up when I try to share files or folders. How do you remove them?

Joan P.
Explorer | Level 4

Disconnecting shared accounts does not work -- old email addresses are still there!

Need more support?