cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get Dropbox to stop requesting access to my administrator level?

How do I get Dropbox to stop requesting access to my administrator level?

New member | Level 2

Every time I log on to my computer I get a message from Dropbox demanding that I enter my administrator user name and password to allow access.  I do not want to allow Dropbox access to that level and I have two Dropbox accounts, one for work and one for personal, so I could not allow access to both anyway.  This dialog box does not provide a box saying "Do not ask me again" either.  Why not?  I am certain I will never allow administrator access to Dropbox.

I've searched this forum and found nothing, however there are discussions about this issue on other sites.

1 Reply 1

Re: How do I get Dropbox to stop requesting access to my administrator level?

Daphne
Dropboxer

Hi there @3376, thanks for reaching out to us here!

The desktop app would need to be installed with admin privileges for some of the features to work fully, which you can check out more about here

At the moment, there wouldn't be an option to disable this prompt I'm afraid. However, could you clarify for me what OS your device is?

Let me know - thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?