cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get back to the old dropbox? (it worked great for me)

How do I get back to the old dropbox? (it worked great for me)

TheLedge
New member | Level 2

This whole thing has become WAY more complicated than I need or want. I just want it to act like it used to. I want the "App" gone from my desktop and I just want it to show up on the file explorer. This thing has started "syncing" things I don't want synced and now I'm having to go back and redo almost an entire month of accounting because of it.

I just want it to have a place to put files so I can share links and/or store things. I don't need it to auto sync anything. I don't need the app on my computer. I just want my old drop box functionality back. 

HOW do I do that?

and lastly, the "chatbot" is a total waste of my time and was useless. I want someone knowledgeable. I'm paying for a service and as old fashioned as this may sound I want to be able to "chat" with a real person when I have a problem. My time is to valuable to have to keep returning to some stupid message board in hope of someone making guesses about how to help me.

2 Replies 2

Re: How do I get back to the old dropbox? (it worked great for me)

TheLedge
New member | Level 2

and while I'm at it. I don't need some stupid badge and I have no desire to be a member of some "community" that I have to log into to find answers that should be easily found in a appropriate help section. Go sign up for Quickbooks if you want some sort of useless support system.

Re: How do I get back to the old dropbox? (it worked great for me)

Hannah
Dropboxer
Thanks for reaching out, @TheLedge.

We do appreciate your feedback about this, I will definitely pass it along to our team.

As for the Dropbox application, you can actually revert it back to the file explorer view, by following the steps here ('how to open the Dropbox desktop app').

Let me know if you have any questions!

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropboxer
    TheLedge New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?