cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We love to hear how every person gets the most from Dropbox, and it seems everyone has a slightly different use for it - tell us yours here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get the "Delete from Everywhere" prompt back?

How do I get the "Delete from Everywhere" prompt back?

featherchaser
New member | Level 2

A message popped up when I was deleting a photo on my hard drive in the Dropbox folder that said, "Delete everywhere?" I said yes and then it asked if I wanted to never see this again and I said yes. But now I'd like to have that option back!!! How can I restore that option as to whether I want to delete everywhere or not?  Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: How do I get the "Delete from Everywhere" prompt back?

Rich
Super User II

@featherchaser wrote:

A message popped up when I was deleting a photo on my hard drive in the Dropbox folder that said, "Delete everywhere?" ... How can I restore that option as to whether I want to delete everywhere or not?

Go into Dropbox Preferences. While on the Account tab, press ALT+H (Option+H on a Mac?) to bring up additional Support Features. One of the buttons that appears will say Reset File System Warning options.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Yuikol
Collaborator | Level 8

Here is the prompt

Yuikol_0-1633645756422.png

I looked through all the dropbox settings and did not find anything myself.

Maybe an uninstall/reinstall?

Rich
Super User II

@featherchaser wrote:

A message popped up when I was deleting a photo on my hard drive in the Dropbox folder that said, "Delete everywhere?" ... How can I restore that option as to whether I want to delete everywhere or not?

Go into Dropbox Preferences. While on the Account tab, press ALT+H (Option+H on a Mac?) to bring up additional Support Features. One of the buttons that appears will say Reset File System Warning options.

View solution in original post

featherchaser
New member | Level 2

Rich:

THANK YOU so much!   I followed your directions and it worked perfectly.

Now I have my prompt back.  Awesome!  😊

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

featherchaser New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
    Yuikol Collaborator | Level 8
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?