cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I prevent Dropbox from auto logging in to old/previous accounts? (On both iMac & dropbox.com)

How do I prevent Dropbox from auto logging in to old/previous accounts? (On both iMac & dropbox.com)

McSteve
New member | Level 2

I have an iMac (MacOS Mojave, 10.14.4) that was initially used by my spouse. She installed Dropbox first using her login. The iMac used to auto log in to her account, but I have logged out of her account on the iMac, hoping from here forward to always auto log in to my account.

Similarly, using the Safari web browser to go to dropbox.com, the website auto logged in to her account, now I want it to only log in to mine.

Yet, sometimes the iMac and the dropbox website auto log in to her account. How do I forever stop the Apple OS X install AND dropbox.com on this computer from auto logging in to her account?

(Two options seem viable: she may never need to log in to her old Dropbox account, so I could completely delete her account on both. Or, there must be a way to stop the auto log in and leave her account intact.)

1 Reply 1

Re: How do I prevent Dropbox from auto logging in to old/previous accounts? (On both iMac & drop

Lusil
Dropboxer
Hi there @McSteve

As for the desktop app, you’ll have to ask your spouse to unlink the device from their account so that it’s not connected anymore. They can do this from the Preferences on the desktop app or through their Security tab under the website’s Settings

If you have any trouble along the way with this, don’t hesitate to get back to me. Thanks!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lusil Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?