Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

How do I re-download my photos onto my camera roll?

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I downloaded all my pictures from my camera roll to my dropbox when transferring phone. How do i redownload images onto my camera keeping the same date they were orginally taken?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Redownloading

Super User II
Super User II

For a single file, tap the ellipsis (three dots) and select Export from the menu. You'll have an option to save the image back to your phone. For multiple images, you can selecte multiple items by tapping the check mark at the top of the screen, selecting the files you need, and tapping Export at the bottom of the screen.

Dropbox does not change the date that a photo was taken. Be sure you're not confusing the Modified date, which will be the date that the file was uploaded or downloaded, with Date Taken, which is a piece of information embedded within the EXIF data of the photo.

On my iPhone, if I download  a few old photos (taken a month ago) from Dropbox back to my phone, then open my phone's Camera Roll, those photos are the most recently added as if they were just taken. This is expected since they were just added to the device and the Modifed date would reflect that. If I view those photos within the All Photos section, they're sorted based on Date Taken and appear in the middle of the list along with all the other photos I took last month.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Redownloading

Super User II
Super User II

For a single file, tap the ellipsis (three dots) and select Export from the menu. You'll have an option to save the image back to your phone. For multiple images, you can selecte multiple items by tapping the check mark at the top of the screen, selecting the files you need, and tapping Export at the bottom of the screen.

Dropbox does not change the date that a photo was taken. Be sure you're not confusing the Modified date, which will be the date that the file was uploaded or downloaded, with Date Taken, which is a piece of information embedded within the EXIF data of the photo.

On my iPhone, if I download  a few old photos (taken a month ago) from Dropbox back to my phone, then open my phone's Camera Roll, those photos are the most recently added as if they were just taken. This is expected since they were just added to the device and the Modifed date would reflect that. If I view those photos within the All Photos section, they're sorted based on Date Taken and appear in the middle of the list along with all the other photos I took last month.

View solution in original post

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?