cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I upgrade my Dropbox?

How do I upgrade my Dropbox?

Wintersilke
Explorer | Level 3

Using an iPhone  6S.

I log in to the dropbox app using my email and PW.  I get a notice that my Dropbox  is full and to upgrade to Dropbox Plus free for 30 days.

I click on the upgrade button and the popup window says I am currently subscribbed and will renew on June XX, 2018.

Clicking OK takes me back to the previous window where the upgrade button was.  The only button to return to Dropbox is the Cancel button.

Clicking cancel takes me back to the main Dropbox window where the red notice is and I am at my limit.   

Crashing  the app, rebooting the app, rebooting the phone, and performing a hard reboot of the phone  does not fix the problem.   

Checking the Dropbox account on my android tablet shows that it is still a free account and at the limit.

How can I fix this?   If my wife logs in on the account on her iPhone and she shows that Dropbox Plus has been upgraded.  It just doesn't show on other devices.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Upgrade

Jay
Dropboxer

Most likely you have more than one Dropbox account.

Could you check the following places for any typos, or different emails.

1. On your computer, click on the small Dropbox icon in your menu bar or system tray. Click on the gear in the Notifications panel. Click on Preferences, then click on Account.

2. On iOS, open your Dropbox app and tap on "Settings". 

3. Do the same for your wife's iPhone (assuming you actually share the same Dropbox account between the two of you).
  4. On the Dropbox website, click on your avatar in the top right corner.

Don't tell us the email, but if you see any differences, let us know!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Elixir
Super User
Can you please log in to web, and check what is your plan status there? https://www.dropbox.com/account/plan

If it is upgraded to plus there, I would then suggest to make sure that you are running the latest version of Dropbox app. If you are running the latest version of the app, next step would be to delete the app, and reinstall https://www.dropbox.com/help/mobile/reinstall-ios-app. Note that once you delete the app, local settings will be reset, the files you have made available offline might not be available on the device anymore. But all the files will be safe in the web, and you can re-download.

Wintersilke
Explorer | Level 3
Logged into the web browser and it shows Dropbox basic but iTunes still says I have a subscription.

Deleted app and reinstalled it with no change on my iPhone.

I checked my wife’s iPhone app, logged into the same account, and it says Dropbox Plus.

Very confusing. Is Dropbox going to make me buy a subscription for each device when using the same account?

Elixir
Super User
That sounds really strange. Dropbox subscription is not device specific. Probably you should directly contact their support - https://www.dropbox.com/support Track status at http://dropbox.zendesk.com

Jay
Dropboxer

Most likely you have more than one Dropbox account.

Could you check the following places for any typos, or different emails.

1. On your computer, click on the small Dropbox icon in your menu bar or system tray. Click on the gear in the Notifications panel. Click on Preferences, then click on Account.

2. On iOS, open your Dropbox app and tap on "Settings". 

3. Do the same for your wife's iPhone (assuming you actually share the same Dropbox account between the two of you).
  4. On the Dropbox website, click on your avatar in the top right corner.

Don't tell us the email, but if you see any differences, let us know!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Wintersilke
Explorer | Level 3
Last night, I made sure to log out of every Dropbox app and webpage before logging back in with the same log in information to double check. My wife's iPhone still shows Dropbox Plus while all the other devices do not. That's not the answer unfortantely.

Jay
Dropboxer
Thanks for that, and just to clarify, you definitely use the same Dropbox account as your wife? Same email and password to login?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropboxer
    Wintersilke Explorer | Level 3
    Elixir Super User
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?