cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does QMS work with Dropbox?

How does QMS work with Dropbox?

ayimazahra
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

How is QMS in Dropbox set up?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Hi @ayimazahra 

• You can check who has access to what folders under the Admin panel of a Business account
  • There is no such folder as 'Quality' unless you actively create one
  • Version monitoring is not a feature Dropbox has - so there is not a way within Dropbox to do that except assuming that everybody in a share is using the most up to date on within said share
  • Audit trails have some simple features but probably not to the level you are looking for
  • Review process - no.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@ayimazahra wrote:

How is QMS in Dropbox set up?

What exactly are you asking? To me, QMS refers to a quality management system of which there are many, and they're all separate applications and unrelated to Dropbox.

ayimazahra
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
If multiple copies are created and added to folders for each staff, how do we keep track of those copies? What happens after they have reviewed the documents?

ayimazahra
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

How we version files that are uploaded to dropbox, i.e., via filenames with dates and version numbers etc...

ayimazahra
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Let me revise my question, How is QMS in Dropbox set up? 

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @ayimazahra, welcome to our Community! 

I'm going to need a bit more detail in regards to the questions that you asked, please. 

When you're talking about QMS, can you let me know more in regards to the content it's used on your end, and what you'd like to know? 

You also mentioned multiple copies of files. How are these files being uploaded on your end, and when you mention reviewed documents can you let me know who you're referring to? 

Keep me posted, and I'll be happy to answer your concerns. 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

ayimazahra
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I have some queries:

• I want to know if dropbox complies with FDA 21 CFR Part 11.
  • How can I make sure who has access to make confidential files.
  • How can I see who has access to the Quality folder? 
  • How do we know the correct versions are being reviewed, and old versions are being archived and not accessible to staff? 
  • Does the audit trail track what date, time, and the document user's access? 
  • Do dropbox have a review process? 

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Hi @ayimazahra 

• You can check who has access to what folders under the Admin panel of a Business account
  • There is no such folder as 'Quality' unless you actively create one
  • Version monitoring is not a feature Dropbox has - so there is not a way within Dropbox to do that except assuming that everybody in a share is using the most up to date on within said share
  • Audit trails have some simple features but probably not to the level you are looking for
  • Review process - no.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
    ayimazahra Explorer | Level 3
    Megan Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?