cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does one remove the Dropbox link from the Navigation Pane om Windows 10?

How does one remove the Dropbox link from the Navigation Pane om Windows 10?

Scott W.34
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I don't notice it on Win8.1, but I have already hacked out a bunch of stuff in the registry on Win8.1. I have the Dropbox folder conveniently located in the root of a second hard drive, I don't need the link cluttering up the Navigation Pane, or the Desktop for that matter.

73 Replies 73

Tommy J.1
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Seriously? You take the time to respond only to be an idiot?

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey all, 

If it’s not too much trouble for you, would you mind taking a minute of your time to fill out a survey sharing your experience using the Dropbox Community? You can access it here: http://bit.ly/2lNKIxT .

[ Please feel free to get back in touch here at any time if you have any other Dropbox questions or experience any issues in the future. ]

Happy Dropboxing!

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Bill7
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I've uninstalled Dropbox completely, rebooted, removed all Dropbox appdata folders for every user and every other file/folder/link/entry by searching the entire C: drive (the only drive), rebooted, removed every single Dropbox folder or entry in the registry, rebooted, rebooted, rebooted, checked the Autoruns program I use, and then rechecked everything again.  So there does not appear to be anything left saying "dropbox" in any of the usual places.  But still, the Dropbox link remains in the Navigation Pane on Windows 10, with apparently no way to delete it directly.

Some folks think that Microsoft itself may be providing a Dropbox folder by default, even if you don't install Dropbox.  But the link only appears for the one Winders user on my computer where Dropbox was set up, not any others.  If Microsoft had placed this in as a default link, it would make sense that it would appear for all users.  So I'm not buying that this is a Microsoft default.

There must be somewhere else then where some peice of Dropbox remains, perhaps not even called "dropbox" so it does not show up in any file or registry searches. 

addysoftware
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Thanks!

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you have a similar or new question, you could post it in the Find Answers section here. ]
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Malevola M. New member | Level 1
    Joao N.2 New member | Level 1
    Jack D.19 New member | Level 1
    Mike R New member | Level 1
    Andy a.2 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?