cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How to Clear or Remove the Recent file list in mobile apps

How to Clear or Remove the Recent file list in mobile apps

Swe T.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I want to clear all the Recent file list, there has no clear function please advise how to clear the list.
Thanks & regards

Swe Tin

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sam DBX
Community Manager
Hi everybody,

We’d like to provide an update on this topic:

Keep in mind that you can completely hide the Recents section with the new modular home layout on mobile:

1. Open the Dropbox mobile app.
2. Tap the customize icon (artist palette) 🎨
3. To add or remove a default section, tap the toggle next to Recents, Starred, Camera Uploads, 4. Viewed links, Shared, or Offline.
5. Tap Save to save your changes.

You can find more info in here.

Also, based on your comments, our team is working on improving the recents list update (when an item is deleted remotely). Thank you for sharing your feedback on this.

We'll keep you in the loop for future features related to this.
Sam 

View solution in original post

310 Replies 310

Mariedb
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi there!

I'm afraid that there is no way to disable the Recents tab from the Dropbox app installed on your iOS device. However, we love hearing feedback on any features that we release, so I'll make sure to pass it along.

Thanks!

Swe T.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Marie
Thanks for your answer, my question is not to disable the Recent Tab, but to clear the list only. This is for privacy and personal preference. Appreciate Dropbox team can add this function in next update.

regards

Swe Tin

Mariedb
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi there!

Same goes for clearing the Recents tab, it's not a feature that is possible for the moment, but I'll pass your comments along 🙂

Earle R.1
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Please include option for clearing recent files viewed or clearing selected files from recent list. 

Samuli P.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

+1 This should be easy to add - and very important for privacy reasons when using a shared device.

Mariedb
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi there,

Thanks for the feedback all.

I have passed on your feedback to our team. 

Do let me know if there's anything else I can help with! 

Thanks! 

James E.14
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

This is a serious problem. I would not have used Dropbox had I known about this oversight.

Zenyk K.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I also feel that this is a security issue that needs resolving quickly!

Mariedb
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi there, 

Thanks for writing back about this. 

I understand your concern. The files that appear in your Dropbox are files that are anyway stored in your account and we only surface the ones that have been recently modified by yourself. 

I have passed on your comments. 

Many thanks! 

Need more support?