cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How to Clear or Remove the Recent file list in mobile apps

How to Clear or Remove the Recent file list in mobile apps

Swe T.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I want to clear all the Recent file list, there has no clear function please advise how to clear the list.
Thanks & regards

Swe Tin

310 Replies 310

Michael B.61
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

For some reason this 'recent' thing has only just surfaced on my mobile, tablets or PC. As Alan L said some time ago in another thread this is a serious security problem for Dropbox clients.

My first experience of it was leaving my tablet open on my desk after launching Dropbox when some photographs became visible which were for a project a visitor would have been very interested in. Thankfully I saw it in time but had to shut the tablet with rather a rush.

Its only a couple of weeks since I renewed my subscription so I'm not a happy bunny and will be looking at places like sync,com and Google Drive for safer and more secure option for my file storage.

Its difficult to understand why Dropbox are ignoring the requests to give users an option with recents. I would have thought it was an easy thing to produce/

Harry A.2
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Why does it take so long for a rather simple fix? Hello Dropbox your customers are complaining, so what do you do about it?

Andrew C.22
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Just stopping by to say I'm about up to Here with this "feature".  If I cannot disable it then at least give me a way to clear it.  I use online file sharing for a myriad reasons, and I don't need previous lookups showing up first thing front and center on the app when I open it.  Considering how long these questions have been asked by users, and also considering the inability to make or suggest a fix by the program authors I will make making a fix of my own soon... it is called Google Drive.

Once I switch I am not coming back, and I know a good number that are on the same page as well.  Get it together folks.

Leandro M.6
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Another disappointed user here wanting either to disable this feature,  or not parse any particular folders of our liking (and any uploading to/from them as well)  or at the very least make it NOT the default view when starting up Dropbox. Serious privacy issue as I have it installed on multiple devices. 

Peter F.35
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

[Have not read all posts above.]

Please add in settings on all devices/platforms so that the users themselves can choose to start in recent or not [preferably in root or perhaps even any directory the user choose]. 

Joe R.14
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Well, it was a good run Dropbox. I brought you so many new clients, and endlessly extolled your virtues, but you've officially hit feature creep. It's a slow, inexorable downward spiral from here. I am not even going to ask for this to get fixed, because they didn't ask if I wanted it, so they obviously do not care about my opinion of their product. How very Microsoft of you to change the product without asking my opinion, then not respond to the people complaining in the forums, not even to try to rationalize the change. One of two thing will happen now according to M$ history: A complete "Screw you" with a "Whoops, mah bad LOLs!! We WANTED to ask your opinion, but we were too excited to get the features out there, regardless of whether they worked or were wanted!! Too bad, we can't go back now!! 6 out of 6 Grandmas like it!! Woohoo!!" or only the Pro version will have the option to disable (Essentially nagware.) I haven't looked at alternatives lately, I guess it's time again.

Maureen F.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

PLEASE allow us the courtesy of an ETA pertaining to options of either clearing Recents or disabling Recents.  This is a serious security flaw when one shares a computer or iPad.  I've used Dropbox for years and prefer to continue, as long as we get information on these changes that have been requested over and over in this forum regarding functionality of Recents.

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

then not respond to the people complaining in the forums, 

You do realize that this is a user-supported forum, yes? While a Dropboxer does reply on occasion, the majority of all support received here is from other users that volunteer their time. If you want an official response, open a ticket with Support.

PLEASE allow us the courtesy of an ETA

Dropbox does not release information about planned features and their time frames.

William S.14
Not applicable
Go to solution

Rich, this forum is a dropbox.com registered domain (see whois) and the only place where customers of dropbox can complain with the idle hope that someone of dropbox reads it. Tickets are never read anyway.

Other users that volunteer their time here may accidently think they have more rights or are entitled to to some special hero treatment, but that off course that is not correct. It is your own choice to waist your time on a product backed by a company that does not care about it's customers. If it helps you: I find your contributions not helpfull for me and think you can better spent that time on fitness. 

So yes this is a good place to request an ETA on when dropbox can fix the horrible timewaisters they have added.

It now requires 8 steps to get to a file on dropbox android.

Dixie S.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I too would like the recents folder clearing option

Need more support?