cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How to Clear or Remove the Recent file list in mobile apps

How to Clear or Remove the Recent file list in mobile apps

Swe T.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I want to clear all the Recent file list, there has no clear function please advise how to clear the list.
Thanks & regards

Swe Tin

310 Replies 310

Haris K.2
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Thank you Sofia,

This is very appreaciated.

Good day all...

William S.14
Not applicable
Go to solution

Sofia

Sorry, but reversal of poor design decisions is about a few simple questions, not a complex product road map.

Questions are straight forward. Is Dropbox committed to:

• Remove Recents-tab to improve privacy, usability and performance (yes or no?)?
  • Remove the totally redundant viewers and allow files to be opened on a tap with the apps that were designed for it like adobe PDF (yes or no)?
  • Provide option to share a file instead of a link (yes or no)?
  • Support off line synchronization of folders and not just files (yes or no)?

If by now, dropbox still can't answer these questions, then this proves Dropbox is fully disconnected from it's user base and has no customer focused road map in place.

I wish I don't have to migrate away from Dropbox, but the way Dropbox has been responding to the community is appauling. Please stop moderation by other users who then feel empowered to beat up your customers and take management of your community actively into your own hands.

Andy R.16
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Thank you Sofia, I just came to discuss the same thing as I ran into a very embarrassing issue when a client saw a very personal file while I was loading up the app to show a product image. Suffice it to say I will not be opening the dropbox app in front of anyone again until I'm certain I can disable recents. 

Ben S.58
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

It's been almost a year, I've not seen one user that likes the feature and so unfortunately it's reached the point where I'm starting to move all my stuff to alternate providers.

Thank you dropbox, you were a great pioneer but you guys really dropped a bollock on this and letting it drag on do long showed a complete disregard for your users.

Adios.

Craig C.19
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

As a direct result of this issue, my company has decided not to sign up for Dropbox for business with 6 user licences, we have now signed up with another provider after waiting too long for this to be resolved.

It's a shame that such an easily resolved issue is having such a negative impact, the lack of customer focus is a huge driver in a competitive market.

Peter F.35
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have now moved all my files to Box. I'm keeping a dropbox account for the folders other people still share with me. With that, I'm signing out from this thread, expecting nothing from dropbox.

Robert B.12
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Adding my vote to suppress items in the recent list, clear the full list, or disabling the list

Matthew M.54
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Come on Dropbox. We need these features ASAP!

Edgar O.2
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I just purchased the "pro" version and in less than 48 hours I'm desperately joining the petition to allow us to clear and hide the "recent" files.This is a very annoying issue and concerns to user privacy.

I'm a software developer and I know it shouldn't take so long to add such feature. To whom should we address our concern?

Please, help us!

Steve N.18
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I've been a subscribed user for a long time and it seems this privacy issue won't get addressed. My cancelled subscription won't phase you, but understand that this problem is severe enough to consider moving my business elsewhere as well as have my team use a different service. A simple "Clear Recent" or "Disable Recent" is all that is needed to satisfy this concern. 

Need more support?