cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Delete Dropbox from my hard drive?

How to Delete Dropbox from my hard drive?

LMO
New member | Level 2

My computer space is limited and I'm trying to delete Dropbox from my hard drive.  When I completely quit/close out of it and try to drag it to the trash from my Applications folder I get an error message saying:  The item "Dropbox" can't be moved to the Trash because some of it's extensions are in use.

I don't ever use it, it only installed when trying to download files I purchased from Etsy.  Frustrating not to be able to reach support.  Can anyone advise?

Thank you advance!

2 Replies 2

Re: How to Delete Dropbox from my hard drive?

Pikamander2
Super User

It sounds like it might still be running in the background. You could try disabling it at startup, restarting the computer, and then deleting it.

For convenience, here's Dropbox's official uninstallation guide, but it sounds like you've already gone through the steps. This is for Mac, correct?

Re: How to Delete Dropbox from my hard drive?

LMO
New member | Level 2

It is! Thank you so much for getting back so quickly!

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

LMO New member | Level 2
    Pikamander2 Super User
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?