cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to make our Community work for you and we need your help. Take our short survey!
Close

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How to Disable Context Menus

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

It would be a nice addition to let users move some items to the extended context menu (shift+rightclick).

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Using run-->regedit, then find two folder and delete it

Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\lnkfile\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\DropboxExt
Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\DropboxExt

If there still exist, plz use "find" function to find all "DropboxExt" and then delete it.

Thanks!

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

But what if I want to remove only "View comments" but not "Copy Dropbox link"? Deleting those removes all of them.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

I hope devs add a feature to disable "Send with Transfer..." and other menu items I don't need.

Highlighted

Re: How to remove "Send with Transfer" from context menu?

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Completely unhelpful. Get this junk out of our contextual menus.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Truly, why would you force that onto your end user? Dropbox is supposed to be about convenience and ease of use. Your pollution of the context menu is exactly the opposite of that. Err on the side of elegance not this low brow brute force mentality. 

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Maybe the easiest solution to remove Dropbox from context menu is to use CCleaner:

Tools -> Startup > Context Menu

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

I don't see why you have to ask OP for the whole screen. As if he uses a high resolution screen then it's ok to spam the context menu?

Right now I see 9 dropbox items in my context menu. I really concern this will only grow more and more.

Most applications would group the items into its own app category (sub-menu). Why dropbox must lay it all out? At least give us option to customize it please...

Annotation 2020-05-11 155042.png

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

just wanted to say that the items you've added to the context menu are extremely annoying and they are slowing down our computers.

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5

How about this screenshot? There're now 9 items just for Dropbox alone, and it's literally filling up my entire screen height and trigger a vertical scroll on the context menu. It's ridiculous. I don't care how you do it, but reduce them asap. before I decide to unsubscribe as well and go elsewhere.

Excessive Menu.jpg

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?