cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Remove Passwords App and Vaults?

How to Remove Passwords App and Vaults?

rcorr
New member | Level 2

Hi,
I clicked ok when Dropbox suggested I download both of these. I now realise I need neither of them, and they clutter up my Dropbox folders and cannot be moved. How to uninstall/unlink/unsubscribe please? I’ve asked Dropbox support on twitter but they have been no help, just asking me to send more and more of my private information, which sounds suspect.
Thanks,
Rory

13 Replies 13

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @rcorr, thanks for messaging today!

The new Dropbox Passwords app and the Vault features don't take up any extra space on your account while they're empty.

Can you see if there is an option to disable the features from the account settings page?

Regarding the Twitter support, provided you're contacting the @DropboxSupport handle, then you are in contact with the official support team.

Hope this helps to clarify matters!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

charlieegan3
Helpful | Level 6

There does not appear to be a way to disable these folders.

I'm fine with the features being there, and not taking any space. I'd just rather they were hidden from the top level of my dropbox.

Ale_G
Helpful | Level 6

Please allow users to remove or at least hide those icons. Even though new features are welcome, I'd like to be able to opt out and come back in if needed. For very neat and organized users, having extra icons around is just a frustration.

Daphne
Dropbox Staff

Hey there peeps, thanks for your updates here!

I can suggest checking out this thread here. If you're referring to the same icons that the OP showed in their Finder, then you can simply delete these as Walter mentioned. 

Hope this helps!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

charlieegan3
Helpful | Level 6

Hey, thanks for the suggestion. I'm afraid it doesn't really help as I'm trying to remove the icons from my dropbox folder on dropbox.com and in my iOS apps.

Daphne
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for getting back to me here @charlieegan3!

If you're seeing the same icons from the web and mobile app, then you can go ahead and delete them from the "..." option for the links.

If you're not sure about this or run into any issues, please feel free to send along a screenshot of the icons or any potential errors.

Keep me posted!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

charlieegan3
Helpful | Level 6

@Daphne thanks, but sadly that doesn't seem to work. I do not have the option to delete as you describe.

Web only shows rewindWeb only shows rewindiOS only shows lockiOS only shows lock

Daphne
Dropbox Staff

Is it possible that you activated and set up the Vault feature for your account @charlieegan3?

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

charlieegan3
Helpful | Level 6

Hello @Daphne ,

Yes, I enabled the feature and now I want to disable it.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

WCMan New member | Level 2
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
    Daphne Dropbox Staff
    charlieegan3 Helpful | Level 6
What do Dropbox user levels mean?