cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to adjust the document list width on the IPad app

How to adjust the document list width on the IPad app

David E.5
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Is it possible to make the document list wider in the IPad app, if so, how? I can't see the full name of most of my files and I am now at my wits end.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

rmoe
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

There is a work-around in iOS 11.
Open DropBox.
Slide up to see dock. Pick any program on the dock and slide up to create a separate window and then enlarge that window to half screen.
Now you can see the whole file names.
Messy, but it works.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Mariedb
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi there!

Thanks for that feedback!

It's not possible yet to make the file list larger, but I will definitely pass on your message to our engineers so that this can be taken into account in the future development of the app.

Many thanks for sending this feedback 🙂

Justin R.10
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Has this not been fixed yet?  As someone mentioned before, this works perfectly on the Android platform. We use Android phones, but iPads for document viewing. I am in the construction industry and many files and file folders look similar when you compress them down to 5-8 characters. 

It is pretty ridiculous that I am using my Android phone as the table of contents for Dropbox on my iPad. 

aporetz
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I recently bought an iPad and am horrified to discover there's no way to adjust this.  I've had to use Dropbox via my Chrome browser in order to see what files I want.  Tremendous waste of time.  This comment is nearly two years old.  What gives?

Flaviano
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

My solution: Google Drive

RobertBatten
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Yeah, but google drive has it's own list of issues.

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey RobertBatten and all, 

I 'm just following up on this post to let you know that, because this has been a popular feature request, I have nudged the team, in order to make them aware of your comments so as to take that into consideration in future updates. 

Please keep this creative feedback coming and share your ideas with us on the Comunity, we're glad to see your entusiasm and different engagement with Dropbox. 

Warm regards, 
JaneA

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Matt_Bowers
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
I just bought my first iPad (2017 Pro) and after 30yrs of PC Network Engineer find many aspects of the apple platform, a joke.

Dropbox has really saved me!!!

In the document list column, it's to narrow to discern hardly any of the file names. There is extra room around the file icon and the local arrow and option arrow to squeeze in two more digits.

The easiest programmer change would be, to add an option where it now offers "list view" to include "wide file column view" and make it twice as wide.

rmoe
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

There is a work-around in iOS 11.
Open DropBox.
Slide up to see dock. Pick any program on the dock and slide up to create a separate window and then enlarge that window to half screen.
Now you can see the whole file names.
Messy, but it works.

cassianh
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thx Jane, do have to say it's a farily egregious UX error to have a file management app where you can't actually read the file names? It's driving me mental.

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Find Answers section here. ]

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Justin R.10 New member | Level 2
    Mariedb Dropbox Staff
    cassianh New member | Level 2
    rmoe Helpful | Level 6
    Matt_Bowers New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?