cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We love to hear how every person gets the most from Dropbox, and it seems everyone has a slightly different use for it - tell us yours here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to bring back my old life without dropbox

How to bring back my old life without dropbox

xmxmxddv
New member | Level 2
I am new to dropbox so i have no idea what's going on. I synced my file on dropbox but the problem is it's so slow and my laptop began to crash and some of my program is unresponsive. I decided to delete so I unlink first dropbox from my laptop. After that, I'm so confused because the dropbox folder was still there and it's the only folder or location where I can open my files, not in "this Pc" or even "quick access". I want to completely delete dropbox because it makes my laptop slower than before but I'm afraid that I will lose my files. What to do?
1 Reply 1

Re: How to bring back my old life without dropbox

Lori
Dropboxer
Hi @xmxmxddv, thanks for posting on our Community! 

After uninstalling the desktop app, all your files remain on your device.

The only difference is that they will no longer sync to Dropbox. 

Now, with that being said, it seems you've also enabled our Computer Backup feature. Have you tried disabling it prior to the uninstall? 

Let me know! 

Lori
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lori Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?