cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

How to connect Win Explorer to my accountant's Dropbox?

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I have Dropbox Personal.  My accountant has Dropbox Personal.  He wants me to upload docs for an audit.  I like to use Windows Explorer.  Can I alsop connect his Dropbox so it shows up in Windows Explorer?

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Re: How to connect Win Explorer to my accountant's Dropbox?

Super User II
Super User II

@GeoffStuart wrote:

Can I alsop connect his Dropbox so it shows up in Windows Explorer?

No, you can't connect his Dropbox to your computer. Instead, you want to share a folder between the two accounts.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

He needs me to upload many files to his Dropbox account.  I can't store them in my Dropbox because I'll exceed my storage limit.

Can I have his dropbox show up in my Windows Explorer instead of my Drobox so I can just drag and drop files there from my file system??

Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

@GeoffStuart wrote:

Can I have his dropbox show up in my Windows Explorer instead of my Drobox so I can just drag and drop files there from my file system??

The only way to do that is if he gave you his credential, and if he did, that's not an account I'd want to do business with.

He needs me to upload many files to his Dropbox account.  I can't store them in my Dropbox because I'll exceed my storage limit.

Ask him to send you a FIle Request instead.

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now check it out here.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?