cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete dropbox folder on PC safely.

How to delete dropbox folder on PC safely.

ivanmos
Explorer | Level 3

Hello.

I uninstalled the Dropbox app on PC and closed my Dropbox account which was synchronized with the PC.  But I didn't unclick synchronizing. There is a folder Dropbox remaining on disk C: users, with the content of shared files Desktop, Documents, Downloads. If I simply move it to the Bin all these files are removed from my PC. How to reconfigure the system and delete only this folder but leave all files in their proper locations on Disc C: Desktop, Documents, Downloads. 

1 Reply 1

Re: How to delete dropbox folder on PC safely.

Hannah
Dropboxer
Hi @ivanmos, and thanks for posting in our Community!

If you have your Desktop, Downloads and Documents folders synced to your Dropbox, it seems you have enabled our Computer Backup feature. 

What you'll need to do in this case, is to reinstall the Dropbox application, disable computer backup which will move your files back to their original locations. 

Then, you can follow the steps here to unlink the computer from your Dropbox account and delete the Dropbox folder safely, keeping your files available online.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?