cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

How to get Android 9 to point to dropbox directory from default file manager

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I am trying to access my keepass .kdbx file from my dropbox but I can only see my local storage and my Google drive directories. Is there a way to get Dropbox to show in the default file manager?

Edited by moderatorEdited by moderator

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: How to get Android 9 to point to dropbox directory from default file manager

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hello @deeznuts, hope you're well!

At the moment, the default file manager will only allow you to browse local files/folders and a connected Google Drive account. You would need to use a third-party app for file management to browse your Dropbox files.

You should be able to find some relevant apps from the Google Play store to allow you to browse your Dropbox files outside of the Dropbox mobile app. While I can't suggest any specific apps to use, you can do a quick web search to find some alternatives, or other users here might have some suggestions for you too.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks!

PS. I removed some personal info from your screenshot for your security and also to adhere to our Community Guidelines.

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: How to get Android 9 to point to dropbox directory from default file manager

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hello @deeznuts, hope you're well!

At the moment, the default file manager will only allow you to browse local files/folders and a connected Google Drive account. You would need to use a third-party app for file management to browse your Dropbox files.

You should be able to find some relevant apps from the Google Play store to allow you to browse your Dropbox files outside of the Dropbox mobile app. While I can't suggest any specific apps to use, you can do a quick web search to find some alternatives, or other users here might have some suggestions for you too.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks!

PS. I removed some personal info from your screenshot for your security and also to adhere to our Community Guidelines.

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?