cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get rid of confirmation dialogs? They return…

How to get rid of confirmation dialogs? They return…

dd10
Explorer | Level 3

At some point the dropbox client asked me about a deletion confirmation dialog (pretty annoying, when working from the command line) as seen in https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Installation-and-desktop-app/How-to-get-rid-of-confirmation-dialogs/... but I cancelled it and it never came back.

Today I just had another dialog popping up, and I'm not on a beta, I'm running version v55.4.171. Why do these dialogs come? Since I'm using dropbox to sync files between computers, now I'm going to have to go to all the remote machines and click again to no for the deletion confirmation or they start misbehaving and files won't get deleted.

6 Replies 6

Re: How to get rid of confirmation dialogs? They return…

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi there, it’s possible that the app updated and forgot the previous settings for the pop-up dialog.

Do the prompts still appear when closing it and choosing to not appear again?

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

dd10
Explorer | Level 3
Not now. The first time it happened more than a month ago, so I guess the client updated and decided to ask again just for the sake of it.

Jay
Dropboxer
Thanks for keeping me posted. If this issue occurs again, let me know!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

dd10
Explorer | Level 3

Oh well, that didn't took long, got another popup today. It feels like pretty much random, since I was doing other changes earlier and didn't get the popup. Worst of all there is no global setting to disable this annoyance.

Captura de pantalla 2018-08-24 a las 12.26.41.png

Jay
Dropboxer
If you click ‘Don’t ask me this again’, do the prompts re-appear?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

dd10
Explorer | Level 3
I did check it the two previous times. I checked it again now. Let's see how long it lasts.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

dd10 Explorer | Level 3
    Jay Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?