cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How to get rid of confirmation dialogs?

Highlighted

How to get rid of confirmation dialogs?

Explorer | Level 4

Hi.

How to make Dropbox stop showing these annoying confirmation dialogs? Screen Shot 2018-01-11 at 01.09.42.png

Screen Shot 2018-01-11 at 01.17.59.png

I have noticed the check box in the second dialog, but I have lots of shared folders and surely you don't expect me to do this for each folder? Also, it does not get rid of the delete confirmation dialog

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Dropboxer
I see that you’re using a beta version of our app (42.3.112), so I recommend that you return to our latest stable version, 41.4.80.

A beta version is denoted by a xx.
3.xx, instead of the xx.4.xx. If you are on a beta build, it means that you have opted in to Early Releases in your online account settings. I recommend that you switch this off, and then install our stable build. 

See how it goes with this, and also, let me know if adjusting your Mac’s notification settings has any affect. 

Thanks! 

Sanchez
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Hey @nikolajvonholck, welcome to our community! 

I’ve just tried to replicate your issue here, but was unable to. I’m using OSX Sierra, with the latest stable version of our app, 40.4.46. What are you running? 

Also, take a look in your Mac’s system preferences, in the notification settings, and see what your options are for Dropbox. 

Let me know. 
Thanks! 

Sanchez

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

I have 42.3.122 on macOS High Sierra 10.13.2

Dropboxer
I see that you’re using a beta version of our app (42.3.112), so I recommend that you return to our latest stable version, 41.4.80.

A beta version is denoted by a xx.
3.xx, instead of the xx.4.xx. If you are on a beta build, it means that you have opted in to Early Releases in your online account settings. I recommend that you switch this off, and then install our stable build. 

See how it goes with this, and also, let me know if adjusting your Mac’s notification settings has any affect. 

Thanks! 

Sanchez

View solution in original post

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

I was also having this problem on Mac High Sierra. I noticed that I was also running the beta version of Dropbox, I installed the stable version and the notifications seem to have gone away, so this answer was very helpful to me.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4
Thank you very much @Sanchez. It did the trick
Highlighted

Dropboxer

Glad to hear that, guys! Thanks for letting me know.

Have a great week ahead 

[This thread is now closed. If you have a similar or new question, you can ask here]

Sanchez

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?