cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out how our Community members are using Dropbox here!
Close

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to hide comment section on bottom of screen on mobile device?

Highlighted

How to hide comment section on bottom of screen on mobile device?

Helpful | Level 6

When I try to view a video on my mobile device I cannot minimize the comment bar in the bottom of the screen in the latest version and I was wondering how I can get rid of the comment bar permanently or minimize it when I'm watching a video.

23 Replies 23
Highlighted

Re: How to hide comment section on bottom of screen on mobile device?

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @Elite Instincts; welcome to our Community!

From what I found, at the moment, there's no way to disable the comment bar in the bottom of the page when you're previewing a video through our mobile app; you can just drag its upper end to the bottom of your screen to keep it somehow minimized. 

I understand your track of thought here so I'd suggest sharing your idea in the relevant section of our Community so other similar-minded  users can upvote it to show their interest. 

In the meantime, as you probably know, you can view (open or export) those video files through another application on your mobile device. 

Let me know if you have any questions! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5
I have had Dropbox since day one never replied to anything until now. I'm having the same annoying problem. You can't minimize the stupid COMMENT bar. Didnt use to be that way. The tech crew is very unhelpful. ...You have to tap a jpeg then for some reason the comment bar goes away then swipe over to a vid. The comment bar stays gone,MAYBE but in that folder only🤬😡🤬😡
Highlighted

Can I hide the comments pane when viewing a video from the mobile app (Android)?

Helpful | Level 5

Hi,

Whenever I watch a video horizontally on my Android phone app, I have both the comments section at the bottom, and the filename at the top of the video, which I cannot get rid of. This didn't use to always be like this and has only started since one of the updates, about a month ago.

This is VERY annoying, to the point it makes me thinking about switching to another storage solution, if not fixed soon.

Am I missing something?

How soon is this going to be solved?

Thank you,

Ofer

Highlighted

Re: Can I hide the comments pane when viewing a video from the mobile app (Android)?

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi there @oferlit, I hope you're well today!

Would you mind letting me know a little more info about your current set up so that I can look into this further with you? For example:

• What version of the mobile app do you have installed?
  • What OS version is your device?
  • Does this persist for all videos files and types in your account?

Keep me posted - thanks!

Daphne

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Re: Can I hide the comments pane when viewing a video from the mobile app (Android)?

Helpful | Level 5

Hi Daphne,

Thanks for the quick response.

- Dropbox for Android version 182.2.4.

- Issue started about a month ago.

- Samsung Galaxy S7 (model number SM-G930U)

- Android version 8.0.0

- Samsung Experience version 9.0

- Kernel version 3.18.71-14970140

- The issue persists for all video files I ran into, including mp4, wmv, mkv and m4v.

Let me know it you need more information.

Thanks,

Ofer

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for all the info you provided there @oferlit!

If you haven't already, can you please try reinstalling the mobile app on your device to see if that helps at all?

If not, we would need to have a better look into this with some device specific info through our Support channel.

In this case, please reach out to the team from here. You'll receive a ticket number (eg. #1234567) which you can let me know here so that I can pass along the info you've given so far.

Let me know how it goes!

Daphne

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5

I've tried removing the app and reinstalling it. Unfortunately, it didn't solve the issue.

I've opened a ticket, its number is 10510045 .

Thanks!

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for trying that step @oferlit!

I was able to locate your ticket and I've passed along the info you've provided here. 

If I can assist with anything else in the meantime, please don't hesitate to drop me a message here.

Have a great day ahead!

Daphne

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6

Yea I wish they would update it so you could remove that, it really is an annoyance, hopefully they see what we are saying and appease us..

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?