Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to hide comment section on bottom of screen on mobile device?

Elite Instincts
Explorer | Level 3

When I try to view a video on my mobile device I cannot minimize the comment bar in the bottom of the screen in the latest version and I was wondering how I can get rid of the comment bar permanently or minimize it when I'm watching a video.

2 Replies 2

Re: How to hide comment section on bottom of screen on mobile device?

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @Elite Instincts; welcome to our Community!

From what I found, at the moment, there's no way to disable the comment bar in the bottom of the page when you're previewing a video through our mobile app; you can just drag its upper end to the bottom of your screen to keep it somehow minimized. 

I understand your track of thought here so I'd suggest sharing your idea in the relevant section of our Community so other similar-minded  users can upvote it to show their interest. 

In the meantime, as you probably know, you can view (open or export) those video files through another application on your mobile device. 

Let me know if you have any questions! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Re: How to hide comment section on bottom of screen on mobile device?

tsa44old New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2
I have had Dropbox since day one never replied to anything until now. I'm having the same annoying problem. You can't minimize the stupid COMMENT bar. Didnt use to be that way. The tech crew is very unhelpful. ...You have to tap a jpeg then for some reason the comment bar goes away then swipe over to a vid. The comment bar stays gone,MAYBE but in that folder only🤬😡🤬😡

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?