cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to install DropBox to drive other than C??

How to install DropBox to drive other than C??

PacoBelan
Explorer | Level 3

DropBox installer app only gives option to sync with my C drive... not enough space. I need it to install/sync on D instead. WTF? https://9apps.ooo/

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: How to install DropBox to drive other than C??

Chris_J
Super User

Hello,   PacoBelan

Thanks for posting here in the Community.  Sorry, you are not able to transfer to another Drive.

More info here: https://help.dropbox.com/installs-integrations/desktop/move-dropbox-folder 

basically, Dropbox needs to be able to sync properly.  With all the new changes on OS, it's getting a challenge

to get notifications of all changes made to the filesystem.  The Help Center article I linked above explains whats recommended

-------------------------

if this works and it was a solution, please click on Accept as Solution.  Also clicking on Likes would be super.  Thanks!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Chris_J
Super User

Hello,   PacoBelan

Thanks for posting here in the Community.  Sorry, you are not able to transfer to another Drive.

More info here: https://help.dropbox.com/installs-integrations/desktop/move-dropbox-folder 

basically, Dropbox needs to be able to sync properly.  With all the new changes on OS, it's getting a challenge

to get notifications of all changes made to the filesystem.  The Help Center article I linked above explains whats recommended

if this works and it was a solution, please click on Accept as Solution.  Also clicking on Likes would be super.  Thanks!

logfather
New member | Level 2

I do not see any way to instal dropbox onto a drive tother than "c" initially. As my c drive does not have eenough space for my dropbox files I need to instal it elsewhere... surely this is possible? I cannot instal on c and then move... does anybody get this?

Chris_J
Super User

Hello logfather

Sorry, it is not possible, it needs to be on the c: where the application is installed on.  If you have a lot of files inside your Dropbox folder, you might consider Selective Sync.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Chris_J Super User
    logfather New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?