cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How to integrate Dropbox and Dropbox for s mode

How to integrate Dropbox and Dropbox for s mode

boudreauml
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I have 2 dropboxes. 1 is a Dropbox that I access on my desktop Windows machine, and another is a Dropbox for s mode that is accessed through my iPad. I didn't ask for that one.  It seemed to show up when I got a new computer 3 months ago.  It is hard to move things from the new dropbox to the old one.  Click and drag doesn't work.  I want 1 Dropbox that I can access from either machine. How do I do that?

Thank you for your help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Could you clarify where exactly you expect to find the option to 'Open folders in'?

A screenshot of where you would see this option would be great!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

View solution in original post

22 Replies 22

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @boudreauml, thanks for joining the Community!

The first thing I’d like to check is if the different apps are signed into the same Dropbox account. I'd like you to check the email and also look carefully for typos in any of these places:

• On your computer, click on the small Dropbox icon in your menu bar or system tray. Click on the avatar on the top right, then Preferences, and Account.
  • On iOS, open your Dropbox app and tap on 'Account'. On Android, open your Dropbox app, tap on the Menu button, and then tap on 'Settings'.
  • On the Dropbox website, click on your avatar or the face in the top right corner, then click Settings.

If they are the same account, let me know!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

boudreauml
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thanks for responding to my question.

When I look at the Dropbox for s mode, it has my gmail account.  [Removed as per Community Guidelines].  When I try to look at the other Dropbox, it just looks like a folder on my filemanager list, and I don’t see a dropbox icon at all.

My problem with the Dropbox for s mode is that I can’t find a path to get to it on my Windows computer.  When I try to tell Songbook (the program I’m wanting to use) which Dropbox to use, it asks for a path and I can’t figure one out.  I can find a path for the old Dropbox, but I can’t get to it on the iPad.

Mary Lou

boudreauml
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Jay, I have a thought on what might have happened here.  Could I possibly have saved my Dropbox to offline use?  That way the stuff on my computer is only on my computer, not on the cloud or internet or wherever.  That would explain why I can get to it from the program on my desktop and not from the iPad.

If that is so, I just need to know how to move the files from my desktop Dropbox to the Dropbox in s mode.  Then I have to have some kind of a path so I can tell my Songbook program where the Dropbox is located so that it can link with it.

Does any of that that make sense to you?

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Dropbox for S Mode doesn't create a local Dropbox folder, it's only possible to access files via that app, without any form of live syncing.

If you want to sync files normally, you'll need to install the Dropbox desktop application from here.

If you're not able to, then you might either be running on Windows S Mode, or a device with an ARM processor, which isn't currently supported for the desktop app.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

boudreauml
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Okay, I've downloaded the Dropbox app to my desktop.  Now I am having some basic file management problems.  I am trying to use the same techniques that  I always have to move files around, and it doesn't work.  For example, I moved my large file of songs into Dropbox by clicking and dragging, but my cursor was off a bit, and I deposited them into another file.  I can not figure out how to move the file up a level in the directory.  Also, I would like to rename a file that I named inaccurately.  I can't quite figure out how to do that.  Is there a manual outlining how to do this?

I am still not able to get the iPad to read the same dropbox file as Windows does.

Thanks for you assistance!

Mary Lou

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

It sounds like you're using the new Dropbox desktop application. You can return to using Explorer/Finder using these steps, which should allow you to manipulate your files easier.

Let me know how it goes!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

boudreauml
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Okay, it sends me to preferences so that I can chose to oped folders in file explorer.  I can find settings, and I can find preferences, but I can't find "open folders in" so that I can choose file explorer.  Under preferences I have Language, Date format, Time zone, early releases, see info about people, manually add contacts, smart sync for mac. Is there a drop box or file tab or something that I am missing?

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Could you clarify where exactly you expect to find the option to 'Open folders in'?

A screenshot of where you would see this option would be great!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

boudreauml
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Let's not go into how this worked (because I don't know), but I have just been able to open my DropBox files in File Manager.  Now I am able to go into the folder, copy the files I want, and move them into the only folder that the iPad Songbook seems to recognize.  Then I will be able to delete the other folders that I created in trying to solve the problem.  Finally I will have "One Songbook file to rule them all".    Now that I can access them in File Manager, I know how to - well - manage the files, so I hope it will be smooth sailing from here on.

Thank you so much for your help and your patience. I will rank you sky high in terms of helping!

Mary Lou

Need more support?