cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to integrate Dropbox and Dropbox for s mode

How to integrate Dropbox and Dropbox for s mode

boudreauml
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I have 2 dropboxes. 1 is a Dropbox that I access on my desktop Windows machine, and another is a Dropbox for s mode that is accessed through my iPad. I didn't ask for that one.  It seemed to show up when I got a new computer 3 months ago.  It is hard to move things from the new dropbox to the old one.  Click and drag doesn't work.  I want 1 Dropbox that I can access from either machine. How do I do that?

Thank you for your help.

22 Replies 22

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Glad to have assisted you, @boudreauml!

Enjoy your week! :relieved:

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

boudreauml
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I have identified another issue, Jay.  Dropbox is not syncing with Songbook, my song words and chords program.  I thought it must be Songbook, and have been working with the developer of the program to try to identify what is going wrong.  I gave him access to my Dropbox file, and he was able to sync it to Songbook on his computer.  He thinks there is something wrong with the "Dropbox sync on my Windows PC, which is not related to SongBook, because the sync is handled by the Dropbox app. Maybe you need to restart it, or restart your PC or something".   I have turned off the computer and restarted it, and that didn't do anything. 

Is there something I have to do to make the sync work on my Dropbox? Could I have turned something off in my previous awkward attempts to move folders around (before you solved that problem with file manager.)  Any ideas?

Thanks Jay

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Can you see the Dropbox icon in the system tray near the clock? Is it white, or showing a blue syncing icon?

If it isn't showing that color, or isn't there at all, then there's a conection issue, or the app isn't running, meaning the files aren't syncing.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

boudreauml
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Okay, I see it.  It is black.  When I click on it, it indicates me the second last time I shared a folder (4 months ago), but not when I shared one on Sunday.

So I guess it is not running or is not syncing.  How do we fix that, please?

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

If it's black, that means the app has no connection to the internet, or it isn't signed into an account.

If you click the app, what message does it say on the bottom left?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

boudreauml
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

dropbox june 10.jpg

Here's a screen shot.  What do I do now, please?

Mary Lou

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

This is the Dropbox desktop application file navigator, and isn't what you see when you single click the Dropbox icon near the clock on the bottom right.

Since it looks like the Songbook is a shared folder, what happens if you add files in there?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

boudreauml
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Dropbox june 10 d.png

When I put song files into Dropbox now, the show up in file manager but do not show up in Songbook.  I don't think that the people I have shared with are using it to do much except download the songs to their own file.

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

As I'm not familiar in how Songbook works, there isn't much else I can suggest from our end.

It looks like the Dropbox app is synced, so it could be that the files are not in the folder or area that Songbook is searching for the files.

I'd recommend checking with them once more, just to ensure their app is setup correctly.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

boudreauml
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I have checked settings on Songbook and it lists the name of the correct file in Dropbox\Songbook.

How can you tell if Dropbox is syncing?  I thought you said that the Dropbox app should be white of yellow?  It is black.  It really is behaving as if there is no link between Dropbox and Songbook. Can you think of anything else that I can try?

Thanks.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

boudreauml Explorer | Level 4
    Jay Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?