cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to reach Dropbox

How to reach Dropbox

Jdempster
Explorer | Level 3

Hi: Can anyone help me reach Dropbox? I am trying to uninstall Dropbox from my computer because it keeps popping up asking me to re-link every time I turn on computer. Also, an icon never goes away at top of screen. I have "trashed" most of Dropbox and probably inadvertently got rid of the way to uninstall. But I'd really like to completely uninstall as it's all messed up hopelessly. I will try again with Dropbox with new email, etc... to avoid any overlap and confusion. So I'd really like a clean slate now on my computer, entirely free of Dropbox. So I am hoping I can reach someone at Dropbox on the phone who can walk me through removing everything Dropbox off my computer. Thank you. Is there a phone number?

6 Replies 6

Re: How to reach Dropbox

Lusil
Dropboxer
Hello @Jdempster, thanks for reaching out to us. 

Currently, your support options depend on the sort of account that you have, and you can find yours by going to this page. 

However, we'd be more than happy to help you out from here!

Could you first let me know if you've followed these steps to uninstalling the desktop app?

If you get any error messages during this process, send me a screenshot of them. 

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Jdempster
Explorer | Level 3

Hi, Thank you so much. I just clicked on Dropbox symbol in menu bar but when I tried to sign in I got a spinning black and white wheel like a bicycle tire. I imagine because I deleted a bunch of stuff. I've tried dragging the Dropbox icon in the applications folder into trash but says I cannot because it's open. 

spinning.jpgSignin.jpgapps.jpgNo.trash.jpg

Jdempster
Explorer | Level 3

I decided to give up trying to get rid of Dropbox and just reinstalled it and it seems to be working ok. So I think I might be all set, fingers crossed. Thanks again for replying! 

Lusil
Dropboxer
No worries, @Jdempster! I'm glad you were able to resolve your original concern one way or another. 

If anything else comes up in the future, don't hesitate to give us another call. 

In the meantime, I hope you have a lovely weekend ahead of you!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Jdempster
Explorer | Level 3

Thank you very much! So happy there's a voice out there in the wilderness ready to help. 

Lusil
Dropboxer

We got you, @Jdempster.

Wizard fistbump rabbit.gif

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lusil Dropboxer
    Jdempster Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?