cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove an transfer option from context menu windows 11

How to remove an transfer option from context menu windows 11

Gomido
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hi, it has been bothering me for a while that there is a Dropbox option in every menu. I have never used it, I do transfer files to dropbox via a folder - I organize the files right away.
I removed the transfer option from the old menu (the same way as for win 10, described somewhere on the forum, I have a .reg file to make it easier), but as you know, win 11 also has a second, new context menu. I can not remove it, and I have not found any help on the forum or in google. Is there any key option in the registry to disable this menu? Or at least team can add an option in the dropbox settings to enable/disable integrate with the menu, so as not to mess with the registry editor? Not everyone needs a ton of options on the menu.

8UVIDAu.png

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Gomido
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Propably solved. I will let you know in a few days if this sick menu has returned after an update. 

In Dropbox v138.4.23.92 just delete the three folders with the name dropbox in the menu in "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\PackagedCom\Package" and restart app

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Gomido
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Propably solved. I will let you know in a few days if this sick menu has returned after an update. 

In Dropbox v138.4.23.92 just delete the three folders with the name dropbox in the menu in "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\PackagedCom\Package" and restart app

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @Gomido, thanks for your post today.

Since you wanted to remove the transfer option from the menu, I'm glad you were able to find a way to do it.

If you need anything else, make sure to lets us know. 

Have a great day and happy new year!

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Vl4dimir
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

.... have option to remove context menu entries in dropbox app

this should work after restarting and even after dropbox update

REG ADD "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Shell Extensions\Blocked" /v "{ECD97DE5-3C8F-4ACB-AEEE-CCAB78F7711C}" /t REG_SZ /d "" /f
REG ADD "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Shell Extensions\Blocked" /v "{FBC9D74C-AF55-4309-9FB2-C426E071637F}" /t REG_SZ /d "" /f

Vl4dimir
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

hmm that does not work

Janissary48400
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thanks for this tip. I removed the DropBox right click options on one Win 11 machine but the fix missed the "Transfer with" option on another.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Janissary48400 Explorer | Level 4
    Vl4dimir Explorer | Level 4
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
    Gomido Helpful | Level 5
What do Dropbox user levels mean?