cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove notification: "Your personal and (company) dropboxes are no longer connected"

How to remove notification: "Your personal and (company) dropboxes are no longer connected"

Paul H.
New member | Level 2

Hello

I recently disconnected from a dropbox for business account, moving to a purely personal account, as I have changed jobs. The Mac client correctly reports in the menu bar that "Your personal and (company) dropboxes are no longer connected"

However it has been multiple days since I did this and I still see the notification. Worse I see it also on a new mac that I just installed Dropbox to that was never linked to Dropbox for business.

How can I get rid of this redundant message?

20 Replies 20

Re: How to remove notification: "Your personal and (company) dropboxes are no longer connected"

Christian Lyck
New member | Level 1

I have the same issue, only at one day though, but it still annoys me.

Did yours ever disappear?

Re: How to remove notification: "Your personal and (company) dropboxes are no longer connected"

Paul H.
New member | Level 2

Christian - the message eventually went away for me. I can't say for sure how long it took, but it was still a few more days after I made the original post above - so at last a week in total

Christian Lyck
New member | Level 1

Thanks for your response Paul - i'll wait with patience 😉

Christian Lyck
New member | Level 1

Hi guys

Reporting back - it turns out the magic number is 7. I had the notifycation saying six days, but the next day it was gone.

Yay!

Evan W.2
New member | Level 1

I'm at day 23 and it's still showing up, even on a new computer that I didn't even own 23 days ago and set up as a completely new/independent install (so obviously it's being pushed server side, and not something I can clear on a local cache).  I've had other even notifications since then, like shared folders, but for some reason those clear and the "your and business dropboxes are no longer connected" is permanent? 

Not a big deal, but rather annoying nevertheless.

Carlos S.27
New member | Level 1

Yeah I'm in the same boat, it's been over a month now. New computer and all. It's also not a big deal, but it's bugged me enough to google a "solution".

Scott I.3
New member | Level 1

I'm at 5 weeks now. Tried Dropbox Support and they didn't really help. I don't suppose anybody has found a solution yet?

Mark
Super User II

It isnt possible to clear the notifications from the apps I'm afraid Scott. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Scott I.3
New member | Level 1

So it is going to be up there forever? A week I get. Five weeks is getting beyond annoying.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Marion S.3 New member | Level 2
    Evan V.1 New member | Level 1
    Evan W.2 New member | Level 1
    Jason F.23 New member | Level 1
    iPaintCode New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?