cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to share multiple files on Dropbox Android

How to share multiple files on Dropbox Android

ezdmanx
Explorer | Level 3

How do you share multiple files on dropbox android. I want to share images between Dropbox and Whatsapp on my phone.

I can share one image ok, by clicking on the ellipsis to the right of the image file name and select "share"

But if I press down on multiple files by ticking the checkbox beside them I can only select the main elipsis to the top right of the screen and there is no option to share, just options "Save to device", "Copy", "Move", "Delete"

You can see a screenshot here

5 Replies 5

Re: How to share multiple files on Dropbox Android

Walter
Dropboxer

Hello again @ezdmanx - I just replied to your other post I think!

I'm afraid exporting multiple files to other apps like WhatsApp is not currently an option within our mobile app.

As a walkaround, you can offline them or export (save) them to your device and then attach them in your WhatsApp messages in bulk (like you'd normally would).

If you want to post a feature request for this, feel free to do so in the relevant area of our Community here: https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Share-an-idea/ct-p/101002000

I know this is not much but I hope it helps to some extent. Please let me know if you have any follow up questions!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

ezdmanx
Explorer | Level 3

Ok thanks, it seems like a fairly obvious feature to have.

As a follow up question, when I download the files via dropbox, so they have a green circle/arrow symbol, are the downloaded files accessible only within dropbox (as some sort of offline feature) or are they downloaded to a folder in the andriod file system.

If they downloaded to the devices internal storage downloads/documents folder, then they would be accessible direct from whatsapp via android "documents".

Walter
Dropboxer

Thanks for the speedy responses @ezdmanx!

If you're referring to 'Offline' files, then yes, these are stored within our mobile app for offline access and any changes you make while offline will sync back to Dropbox.

If you were talking about exported files, those will be stored locally on your device and won't sync to Dropbox while they'll also take up space on your device's storage. 

You can take a look at the following Help Center articles for more info:

I hope this helps!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

ezdmanx
Explorer | Level 3

Sorry, just another question.

Can I export multiple files?

Again when selecting multiple files and pressing the ellipsis the options are "Save to device", "Copy", "Move", "Delete". None of these options allow the transfer of files outside of the dropbox app.

So can I assume it is impossible to share/copy/move/export multiple files outside of the Dropbox app. Its only possible with single files.

Walter
Dropboxer

You'll need to pick the 'Save to device' option to export them to your device @ezdmanx.

Once they're on your device's storage, you'll be able to use them in any way you see fit. 

I hope this clear things up a tad but do let me know if you come up with any more questions. 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?