cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to hear from you. What do you use Dropbox for?
Close

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: How to stop dropox from changing explorer icons

Helpful | Level 6

@Boyd C.1 wrote:

Sometimes the icons are useful, sometimes they are not.  Toggle for off is ideal solution.  Putting GLARING, brightly colored icon overlay on top of people's thumbnails degrades the usefulness of that view.  BAD DESIGN IS BAD DESIGN.  Tiny colored circles would work just as well.

I completely agree here.  It's fine to have it default to "on", but provide an easy way to turn them off.

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6

@billko  @ptsdon  @Boyd C.1 please take some time voting up my idea which was marked as "Needs more votes" and has already gained 14 votes Add-option-to-disable-icon-overlays-in-Windows-Explorer 

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5

You have my vote for your comment!

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
<b>We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now <a href="https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Business-Tips-tricks/Folder-structure-best-practice/m-p/428456#M39"><u>check it out here</u></a>.</b>

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?